You might have heard that Automate.io is ceasing operations from its business products as a consequence of a partnership opportunity. As they announced in May 2022, they will focus on developing a new product together with Notion.
What was Automate.io used for?
If you don’t remember what exactly Automate.io is about, it’s a platform where the user can create easy-built automation between two or more apps connected by triggers and actions without requiring IT support.
In this article, you will find Automate.io alternatives that might help you to switch or find trusted businesses with similar products. Therefore, let’s highlight those iPaaS’ that offer similar products to Automate.io.
If you are a SaaS provider who is looking for data integration, workflow automation, and reducing the need for creating complex coding within the company’s data infrastructure, this article will be of your interest.
The top Automate.io Alternatives based on Products offered to SaaS vendors
Zapier Products and Features
Zapier is a no-code-based automation platform that generates repetitive tasks and workflow automation with two or more apps connected. In addition, it allows the user to control how and when the apps will interact with each other by setting specific rules.
- When it comes to having features and integrations available and ready to use for the users, Zapier has a larger selection list.
- Compared with Automate.io, Zapier gives a better service for those users with the free version.
- Even though Zapier is a large platform with an extensive list of applications, you must be ready to pay a high price for it.
- When it comes to building complex workflows, it also faces limitations in customizing the tasks.
Although Zapier has more than 3,000 integrations available compared with the 200 that Auutomate.io has, customer support is not one of the good things to address. Based on reviews from Automate.io, users who have worked with the platform feel they are getting the needed information to increase their learning curve and to use all the potential the platform has to offer.
Elastic.io Products and Features
This platform called itself a low-code integration tool for medium or large companies that provides sophisticated routing, transformation, logic, and data manipulation features.
Elastic.io apps and services are getting close to 100 in total. Being said so, the number of connectors added is constantly increasing over this year.
- It allows business to increase their scalability when required.
- Employ on-premises applications by using a secure VPN connection.
- Reduce the time spent on customizing codes.
- This product still requires technical knowledge to interact with the platform.
- The prices are lofty, compared with Automate.io.
- It needs an improved version of the training and onboarding process
Even though elastic.io offers a more technical environment than automate.io, their products target larger companies who have a technical team handling complex systems and are in need of getting support from a third-party integration platform. With this approach, the users will be more tech-savvy oriented which reduces the gap between the value recognition of the platform and the required IT knowledge to build effective customizing workflows.
Workato Products and Features
As elastic.io, Workato is mainly targeting enterprises with the need for workflow automation built by IT and business users across the entire organization.
It comes with other key features such as enterprise chatbot implementation and robotic automation support. In addition to that, they have over 2,000 pre-built community recipes (pre-built workflows) to capture and reuse business processes. Nonetheless, we were deep diving into Workato pricing information and we have found some discrepancies in the value offered regarding the number of applications that they have available.
- All plans offer many pre-built applications with no limitations.
- Chatbots accelerate the communication process by messaging channels like Slack and Microsoft Teams.
- Reliable use of pre-built recipes.
- No customized service for individuals or small businesses.
- Costs can shoot up pretty fast as many more flows are created.
- The usability of the platform can be tricky when adding files.
Although Workato has a similar offering to Automate.io, their platform is less user-friendly which can the affect how users build and understand workflows. However, Workato have proved that has an ingenious way to connect several applications without having deep IT specialized knowledge.
Automate.io was a good option, mainly, for small to medium businesses looking for a no-code platform to create workflows with no IT technical knowledge. However, medium to large SaaS companies who are scaling their business will require the option of customizing their integrations without having to invest in large IT resources.
The alternative companies mentioned above offer similar IT solutions. However, Zapier and Workato will be costly on a long-term basis, and offer limited customized integrations.
Elastic.io tries to keep a balance between ready-to-use connectors and development tools to quickly design modular flow architecture, write customised integration rules, and add complementary code fragments as needed.